Monday, December 13, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 12/13

I almost missed Menu Plan Monday! I can't believe Christmas is less than two weeks away; things have been so busy.

As always, we plan Saturday - Friday because that's how we roll. All menus are gluten-free, dairy-free and soy-free or easily adapted.


Saturday: Chicken and dumplings (pushed back from last week's plan as Glenn wanted pizza for his birthday -- I had mine cheese-less on a Kinnikinnick crust)
Sunday: Chicken soft tacos on corn tortillas
Monday: Holiday dinner with my dad. Everyone else had lasagna. I had a baked chicken breast.
Tuesday: Sloppy Joes
Wednesday: Meatloaf muffins
Thursday: Leftover buffet
Friday: Teriyaki chicken and rice for Glenn & Beanie; Seasoned and baked chicken for me.

The ingredient of the week for the Gluten Free Menu Plan Monday is onions. Honestly, I'm not an onion fan. I usually cut the amount called for in any given recipe in half. I've started adding a bit more in certain recipes, but I still don't love them. If you are an onion lover, some of the other menu planners have some great ideas. 

I'm linked up over at I'm an Organizing Junkie and Celiac Family so click on over for more menu ideas.

2 comments:

  1. I hate onions.

    I buy shallots and they taste better to me - but I still add half the amount called for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for joining us in the GF Menu Swap this week and sharing all the great meal ideas. I know it's a busy week for most of us. Hope you have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.