Saturday, November 27, 2010

Pumpkin Pie

Thanksgiving was an adventure in baking for sure! I was scared excited to see how everything turned out. I was very pleased with the pumpkin pie. I adapted this recipe. For the crust I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Biscuit and Baking Mix (the recipe for the crust is on the back of the bag). I used Earth Balance dairy-free soy-free butter when preparing the crust.

Pumpkin Pie

Ingredients:
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c sugar
  • 1 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp ground ginger
  • 1/8 tsp ground cloves
  • 1-15oz can pumpkin
  • 1- 14oz can light coconut milk

Directions:
  1. Prepare crust according to directions.
  2. Place 2 eggs in medium-sized bowl; beat lightly.
  3. Beat in remaining ingredients.
  4. Pour into shell and bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes.
  5. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and bake for about an hour longer, or until knife comes out clean when inserted into pie.
  6. Cool completely.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to try this for Christmas. . . I was too nervous to attempt a G-free pie (or any homemade pie, for that matter!) this Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.