Monday, August 30, 2010

Menu Plan Monday 8/30


This week is all about spending as little money as possible on food. With my back out I was a little careless with keeping on top of the budgeting, balancing of the checkbook and etc and so this week we need to spend next to nothing on food. We are going to go through the freezer and cabinets and get creative! Actually, our meals are going to be really boring for this week. We tried to plan meals where we just needed to buy one or two things to finish them off.

I'm also going to go soy-free again so our menu plan may have to change a bit to accommodate that. Bubby has been having a hard time and Glenn & I have come to the conclusion that there must be something else aggravating him. Since he was doing so much better before I have the feeling that it is something I eliminated and then reintroduced, but we are also looking at eliminating corn from my diet.

Anyhoo, without further ado, here is our menu plan. Again, we plan Saturday - Friday so I'll set it up that way :)

Saturday: Dinner out at Claim Jumper with my dad, stepmom, and sister (you can read about the shenanigans here if interested)
Sunday: Prawn tacos
Monday: Pasta with homemade sauce (whole wheat spaghetti for Glenn & Beanie; mine on Trader Joe's brown rice penne pasta)
Tuesday: Breaskfast for dinner -- scrambled eggs, hash browns and sausage or bacon
Wednesday: Chicken and rice
Thursday: Hambugers (mine with a lettuce "bun")
Friday: Broccoli, cheese & rice casserole from depths of the freezer for Glenn & Beanie. I'll figure something else out.

Head on over to Menu Plan Monday at I'm an Organizing Junkie to link up or find other great dinner ideas.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm visiting from Menu Plan Monday at OrgJunkie. =) I noticed you are dairy and gluten free for your infant... I have a 3 month old and she has some sort of milk allergy, so I have to stay away from dairy, especially straight milk. As long as I keep my milk-product intake very minimal and keep my straight milk intake at next to nothing, she seems to be fine. She is my third child and the only one I have had to watch what I ate with so closely... it's a little restrictive, but it's worth a happy, healthy baby. =) Hope you get your "problem food" pin pointed quickly. Glad to be following you! =)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.