Saturday, July 4, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

Have a good holiday all my U.S. readers :). Honestly, it barely feels like a holiday for us. Glenn had to work yesterday and worked his down-day today. I work all day tomorrow. Bleh. We are going to a BBQ this afternoon which should be fun.

You know, I must be getting old. And lame. Since we live in an unicorportated part of the county we are in one of the few places where private individuals can legally set off fireworks. My worrying behind thinks some idiot is going to set a firework into our beautiful back yard and light it up. Okay, not really, but it is possible, right? See when I was younger I always thought Man, its so stupid we can't set off fireworks!!! Now I keep thinking I wish people couldn't set off fireworks here. See? Old. And lame. I rest my case ;)

Have a good weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. You're not old and lame, I feel the same way! You're not supposed to set off fireworks here, but people have been. I'm afraid I might turn into my dad and stand out in our yard with the garden hose "just in case". THAT'S lame. Have fun at your BBQ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must be old and lame too because I'm right there with you on the fireworks. It sounds like WW3 here right now and my kids are trying to sleep...I did stand by with a bucket and the fire extinguisher while we lit three teeny tiny fireworks at the end of the driveway before dark : ) So I guess that makes me paranoid, over protective, old, and lame!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I'm glad I'm not the only one! We just got back from our BBQ, the bath water is running and the cat is running around like a nutball. I hope Beanie will sleep sometime soon tonight. I made Glenn water the lawn. A lot. And it does sound like WW3!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.