Monday, July 6, 2009

Big Plans.

If you know me, you know I always have plans. Plans of how I can do this or that better. The thing I have trouble with is following through. Right now my plans include (1) Eating better & getting more exercise, (2) devoting more time each day to crafty and/or learning-type activities with Beanie (and turning the damn TV off), (3) saving moola on groceries, and (4) finishing up settling into the house.

Seriously, was I a project manager in some previous life? And why didn't I specialize in that when I got my business degree?

******

Work just sucks lately. I mean I used to sort of look forward to my "break" each week. Lately my shifts have been getting longer and my work has been getting more "do this, this and this," which I don't mind too much as long as I'm given time to finish "this" before I have to do "this and this," you know what I mean? I am very thankful that I only work one day a week. I know its a blessing to be able to stay at home with Beanie almost full time. I just am wishing more and more that it was full time full time. I am so exhausted when I get home and I'd just rather sit on the couch and watch some boob tube than be an attentive parent. Seriously working moms, how do you do it? It has given me a greater understanding of how Glenn must feel when he gets home from work (and, at the same time, I think he understands more how I feel too). So, yea, my other "plan" is hoping that Glenn's job gets ironed out and we know what his permanent route will be and that I can quit my job. I miss that time we have as a family and want it back. It doesn't seem like my "break" anymore. And, really, how sad is it that my "break" was going to my paying job? lol. Anyway, instead of sort of looking forward to Sunday each week, now as the day approaches I find myself dreading it more and more.

*******

Well, onto my plans. Numero uno of the day...a healthy breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.