Saturday, March 28, 2009

A lightbulb went off in my head.

After some crying, a lot of thinking, and some anxiety about our house (or lack thereof) a lightbulb went off in my head. I remembered our mortgage lady talking about points and how you could buy down your interest rate. I wondered how much house we could afford if we bought a point. Like I said yesterday, if we could just look a little higher I am sure we could find something a bit more promising. Well, good news! With lower interest rates and buying down the rate we can probably afford up to $40k (stretching it a little) more than we were thinking. Yahoo! I am so excited. We have decided to look up to what our new maximum is and hope we could get a little off. Just looking last night I found eight houses in our new price range and in our most wanted location. And they are all updated, remodeled, etc and look like I would actually let Beanie walk around on their carpet. I feel like I've gotten a much needed breath of fresh air.

1 comment:

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.