Saturday, March 14, 2009

Deep Breaths.

After sitting a day or two and reflecting on what is going to happen the next few weeks I know I can make it through. People have offered to help. I might need to pick up a bottle of wine and have a glass each night while I pack, but I can get it done! My mom had the idea of getting a box for Beanie to "pack." Actually I'm sure that could keep her entertained for a good amount of time.

We are going out to look at more houses today. We are both pretty positive we like the good one (the only good one) from the other day and would like to make an offer as soon as some contingencies pass on the offer on the condo.

******

Beanie's bottom eye teeth (or canines or whatever people call them) are finally coming in. This time I'm sure! I can see the pokey part on each one about to cut through. Finally!!!

******

Beanie, the bully?? Okay, she's not really but boy oh boy is she a little over-the-top with wanting to give out hugs and love. Both yesterday and the day before she knocked over little kids giving them love. You see, I know she is running up and trying to hug them but, to an innocent bystander (and sometimes to myself) it looks like she's running up and tackling them like a NFL football player. But its not aggressive or anything in nature. I'm trying to figure out how to get her to stop because apparently "no" and "gentle" just aren't cutting it. Any ideas? HUG IT OUT (a la the Office for those non-Office fans...okay seriously, how can you not be a fan of The Office)!!!!

******

Okay, I suppose that's it for a Saturday morning update. I'll post up later about day #2 of house hunting.

3 comments:

  1. I got a kick out of picturing her tackling for hugs...lol! I have seen A do this too. Let me know if something works. And good luck with all the packing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, hugging it out! I'm the biggest Office geek there is around. Unfortunately, I have no ideas for how to get Beanie to give more gentle hugs, but I'd appreciate it if you could share your solution, when you come up with one. :)

    So are you guys making an offer on that house you liked??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yea...I wish! That house was under contract by the time our contingency had expired :( I keep watching to see if something falls through on that one though...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love to hear from you.